List:       fink-users
Subject:    Re: [Fink-users] Workaround for "abiword install fails"
From:       Benjamin Reed <ranger () befunk ! com>
Date:       2003-10-31 18:12:57

Skip Montanaro wrote:

>     >> % egrep Revision abiword*info
>     >> Revision: 12
>     >>
>     >> so the info file needs to be corrected in CVS.
>
>     Benjamin> Ahh, yup, looks like someone made achange to the 10.2 tree
>     Benjamin> that was destined for the 10.2-gcc3.3 tree.
>
> Thanks.  In an off-list thread Jeff Whitaker suggested my dists symlink was
> also incorrect.  I manually changed it from 10.2 to 10.2-gcc3.3 and am now
> in the midst of another "fink selfupdate".  Was there a more "sanctioned"
> way to do that?

You can rerun /sw/lib/fink/postinstall.pl but currently there's no
"sanctioned" way to do it.  This is the first Fink release where it is
concievable that people could switch back and forth between
"distributions", so fink is't really well set-up to handle such changes.
  We're gonna add some better consistency-checking to fink to fix this,
soon, I hope.

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick -- http://ranger.befunk.com/
gpg: 6401 D02A A35F 55E9 D7DD  71C5 52EF A366 D3F6 65FE