List:       fink-users
Subject:    [Fink-users] init.sh
From:       Craig Sutherland <suthercd () mac ! com>
Date:       2003-10-31 17:11:21

10.3, 0.6.0 distro. With the default bash interactive shell now used in
10.3, the fink installation now prepends the /sw/bin;/sw/bin paths the
$PATH as well as prepending /sw/share/man to $MANPATH. Is this what is
causing problems when I enter man command in the Terminal? Ig I enter
'man ls' I get
man: Illegal option -- C
man , version 1.1

The man being used is the /sw man not the BSD man.

I have source /sw/bin/init.sh in my .bashrc file. Looking through
init.sh, there is a conditional control that determines when the /sw
paths are appended and when they are prepended.

Removing source /sw/bin/init.sh from .bashrc eliminates the man errors.

IS there another file other than init.sh that I need to have in .bashrc?

Thanks-

Craig Sutherland

"Who is John Galt"