List:       fink-devel
Subject:    Re: [Fink-devel] inherited_linker_flags
From:       David Reiser <dbreiser () icloud ! com>
Date:       2017-07-12 20:19:39

> On Jul 11, 2017, at 6:14 AM, Hanspeter Niederstrasser <fink@snaggledworks.com> \
> wrote:
> On 7/9/17 9:00 PM, David Reiser wrote:
> > gnutls30 inserts:
> > inherited_linker_flags='  -framework Security -framework CoreFoundation'
> > in its .la files. And the validator complains at the end of the package build.
> > I tried one fix of inserting 4 '-Wl,' in line in the Makefile.in, but that broke \
> > the build sooner. What's the right way to avoid the problem?
>
> This should work at the end of InstallScript once the .la files are in the proper \
> place:
> perl -pi -e 's|-framework |-Wl,-framework,|g' <.LA FILES>
>
> notice the <space> after the first -framework token. Changes
> "-framework Security" to "-Wl,-framework,Security"
>
> Hanspeter

Thanks. Looks like I didn't understand either how to do the -Wl tokenization or where \
I should do the editing.

My current packaging version passes the validator, and the relevant .la files now \
contain (among other things):

# Linker flags that cannot go in dependency_libs.
inherited_linker_flags='  -Wl,-framework,Security -Wl,-framework,CoreFoundation'

Will that work with whatever is going to try to use the .la files downstream?

Dave
--
Dave Reiser
dbreiser@icloud.com