List:       fink-devel
Subject:    [Fink-devel] MAKEFLAGS for -j1
From:       "=?utf-8?b?RGFuaWVsIE1hY2tz?=" <dmacks () netspace ! org>
Date:       2015-11-25 21:54:37

We used to not support parallel builds, but had an unofficial way that one could hack one's local fink to pass -jN via the MAKEFLAGS env var. Now fink supports -jN itself. Formerly, packages that did not work with -jN had .info settings to supress paassing the MAKEFLAGS env var and/or to re-set it to -j1. Now fink supports a .info setting that specifically controls fink's -jN feature, which also indicates this effect in the diagnostic message when package-building fails so that debugging is easier. I'm going to remove the legacy MAKEFLAGS settings and replace them with the modern UseMaxBuildJobs settings throughout the whole live distro shortly.

dan

--
Daniel Macks
dmacks@netspace.org