List:       fink-devel
Subject:    Re: [Fink-devel] rstudio-desktop-0.98.1103-1
From:       Jack Howarth <howarth.at.fink () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-04-19 1:19:40

Baba,
     After testing the new rstudio-desktop and rstudio-server
packaging on 10.8 (for libstdc++) and 10.10 (for libc++), I've gone
ahead and committed them. The previous packaging (based on r-base31)
is potentially broken since I added r-base32 (as, if both are built,
the common r-base package will shift to the symlinks into R 3.2).
    Bonus points to any of our c++ experts if they can puzzle out the
two remaining libc++ issues we currently hack around on darwin13 and
later…

https://support.rstudio.com/hc/communities/public/questions/203373368-Rstudio-0-98-1103-has-only-two-libc-build-issues-left?locale=en-us

          Jack
ps I did a quick test with the r-base dependency in rstudio-desktop
temporarily set to >= 3.1.0 and with the r-base from 3.1.0 installed.
The current packaging seems fully decoupled from r-base such that the
R binaries and R headers are obtained from the r-base32 package rather
than the symlinks in the r-base 3.1.3 split-off. IMHO, we want rstudio
to operate like the current rmods fink builds where the installed
r-base is completely ignored and the buried directories in r-base3x
are used instead.