List:       fink-devel
Subject:    [Fink-devel] build-as-nobody causes cpio error
From:       Trevor Harmon <trevor () vocaro ! com>
Date:       2008-03-24 9:15:27

I'm working on a package that fails when built with "-m --build-as-
nobody". The error I get occurs when running the package's configure
script:

checking how to create a ustar tar archive...
ATTENTION! cpio archive volume change required.
Ready for archive volume: 2
Input archive name or "." to quit cpio.
Archive name >

At this point the build halts. I can hit ^D to continue the build, and
everything seems to work fine after that. But I can't get past this
prompt without manual intervention.

Rebuilding without the build-as-nobody does not generate this prompt.

I thought maybe the Fink version of cpio is required, but a package
for it doesn't seem to exist.

Any suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks,

Trevor