List:       fink-devel
Subject:    Re: [Fink-devel] tcltk defect
From:       Daniel Macks <dmacks () netspace ! org>
Date:       2007-12-26 21:10:20

On Mon, Dec 24, 2007 at 05:06:55PM -0500, Jack Howarth wrote:
>    In working on tcltk85 packaging for the new tcltk 8.5.0 release,
> I noticed that the current tcltk packaging doesn't create a true buildroot
> for itself. Specifically there isn't a BuildConflicts on tcltk-dev in
> the tcltk info file. This means that the currently installed tcltk headers
> are being used when building the tk sources. This can't be a good thing.

If tcltk's build scripts and/or makefiles are written properly, it
will always see the build-directories before installed things, and
BuildConflicts on alternate versions should not be necessary. Just
make sure all global -I and -L flags come *after* any local ones, and
that local libs are linked directly by filename if possible instead of
using -l to find them. If this is *not* the case, then file an
upstream bug report, as the scope of the problem is much larger than
fink.

dan

--
Daniel Macks