List:       fink-devel
Subject:    [Fink-devel] deps and bdeps in pangocairo
From:       Jean-François_Mertens <jfm () core ! ucl ! ac ! be>
Date:       2007-11-29 19:30:55

I had a couple of scripts going over my installation
checking for missing deps and for missing builddeps.

Especially the deps have some errors _ a couple due to my
installation being not really kosher [beware especially of anything
involving openssl097 vs system-openssl, gettext vs gettext3, readline
vs readline5,
gdbm vs gdbm3, etc _ those might give false positives (tried to
eliminate
a number a them though), but may also in that case
serve as a reminder that the pkg can be updated],
and others because the script used was too rough when alternatives
were involved..
and still others because some problems were fixed since.

Even when there are no errors, the results need to be used with some
judgment.
In particular, additional deps or builddeps _ while they are not
recursive deps of the current ones, may in some cases be pruned
because one depends directly or indirectly on other ones,
or because the fixing of such deps in a dependent pkg will already
correct this pkg.

I'm sorry for those complications _ had started the thing just for
personal use,
and is it just now, looking at the bulk of results, that I realize I
will need
the maintainers' help..
Promise to use cleaner scripts next time !

I mail separately to each maintainer the results concerning his
packages,
where I tried to keep for myself things that were obviously pangocairo
related _ but again, I might have missed some.

In case of doubts, feel free to get back to me.

I will also try to look myself in the next few days at some pkgs with
less
active maintainers or maintainers who have anyway no commit access.

JF Mertens