List:       fink-devel
Subject:    [Fink-devel] Broken pc file in glib2-dev (Was Re:  scite, 10.5,
From:       Martin Costabel <costabel () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2007-11-27 20:48:35

Martin Costabel wrote:
> Alexey Zakhlestin wrote:
>> iconv_* functions should be used as libiconv_* in 10.5
>
> This should be automatic when /sw/lib/iconv.h is #included.
> And this is exactly the problem with the scite package: It uses
> /usr/include/iconv.h, but links to /sw/lib/libiconv.dylib. This is not good.
>
> I committed version 1.71-1002 that solves this problem by adding
> -I/sw/include explicitly when compiling the module in question. Please try.

Upon further inspection, it seems to me that this failure is the
consequence of inconsistent pkgconfig flags produced by the gtk+-2.0.pc
file, and at the root of this is a bug in the glib2-dev package. It
defines in its pkgconfig file:

costabel% pkg-config --cflags --libs glib-2.0
-I/sw/include/glib-2.0 -I/sw/lib/glib-2.0/include  -L/sw/lib -lglib-2.0
-lintl -liconv

If it has "-L/sw/lib -liconv" in its linker flags, it must also use
"-I/sw/include" in the preprocessor flag, because otherwise it will
invoke the fatal combination of /usr/include/iconv.h and
/sw/lib/libiconv.dylib.

--
Martin