List:       fink-devel
Subject:    [Fink-devel] Gone every 60 seconds - Fink 0.8.1 is a big success
From:       "David H." <dmalloc () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2006-06-23 14:33:38

Dear Community.
Having reviewed our download statistics over the last consecutiveseven days, Fink \
0.8.1 has been downloaded once every 60 seconds onaverage. That means Fink 0.8,1 has \
been downloaded over 10.000 timesin just seven days. Not only should that make us \
feel good, it shows how loyal the Finkcommunity is and that Fink is an active and \
growing Open Sourceproject. This release is the hard work of many volunteers, too \
many to addressin person, yet I would like to take this opportunity to name a fewfrom \
my perspective. Daniel Macks - For his continued hard work to improve fink \
(ourpackage manager Perl program) David R. Morrison - For his continued hard work to \
make binaryreleases such as Fink 0.8.1 happen Benjamin Reed - For his continues hard \
work on KDE, his portingefforts and the various extra tidbits he supplies us with. \
Fink Todai team - For their continued hard work to support Japaneseusers and the many \
packages they contribute and maintain. Alexander Hansen and Michèle Garoche - for \
their continued hard workto keep our documentation readable and up-to date. Baba \
Yoshihiko - For his continued hard work on many aspects of theFink website. Chris \
Zubrzycki - For his continued hard work to support and make theFink Developer Network \
happen. I would like to thank everybody else that has not been statedexplicitly as \
well. Fink is a group effort, without our community wewould have not come this far. \
Everyone and every little bit helps usto make Fink better for everyone. This includes \
our sponsors, be ithardware or monetary donation as well as the many free and \
educationalservices that help us in providing our community with a reliablemirroring \
system. Thank you for being part of an exceptional community. You are allresponsible \
for making Fink 0.8,1 happen. David HoehnFink PRFDN Board MemberUsing Tomcat but need \
to do more? Need to support web services, security?Get stuff done quickly with \
pre-integrated technology to make your job easierDownload IBM WebSphere Application \
Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache \
Geronimohttp://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642_______________________________________________Fink-devel \