List:       fink-beginners
Subject:    Re: [Fink-beginners] cernlib issue with Catalina OS
From:       Hanspeter Niederstrasser <fink () snaggledworks ! com>
Date:       2020-05-17 17:29:05

On 5/17/20 11:24 AM, James Kolata wrote:
> I found cernlib2006 but got this when I tried to install it:

Please copy and paste the text of the error, rather than sending a
screenshot. It's easier to quote and is also searchable.

In your case, you need to reinstall the Command Line Tools from Apple
(tracked by our "xcode" package). This needs to be done after every
macOS update because the update partially breaks teh Command Line Tools.
There are two ways to do this:

1) Download the matching set to your Xcode.app from developer.apple.com
2) Run `sudo rm -r /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools`  (BE VERY
CAREFUL WITH SPACES), then run `xcode-select --install` to fetch the new
version of the Command Line Tools.

> Also, the package "xmkmf-1.0.8-101” doesn’t exist on my system.

That package should exist, as defined by
/opt/sw/fink/dists/stable/main/finkinfo/devel/xmkmf-10.15.info

Hanspeter