List:       fink-beginners
Subject:    Re: [Fink-beginners] problem building lua51 on 10.8, was Re:  Fink Install
From:       Alexander Hansen <alexanderk.hansen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-11-30 23:49:18

On 11/30/12 3:43 PM, Katherine Swanic wrote:
> Alrighty, so I ran the "fink self update" after changing the rsync
> mirror, and it failed.
>
> [72-44-99-99:~] katherineswanic% fink selfupdate
> /usr/bin/rsync -az -q
> rsync://ber.de.eu.finkmirrors.net/finkinfo//TIMESTAMP /sw/fink/TIMESTAMP.tmp
> rsync: getaddrinfo: ber.de.eu.finkmirrors.net 873: nodename nor servname
> provided, or not known
> rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at
> /SourceCache/rsync/rsync-42/rsync/clientserver.c(105) [receiver=2.6.9]
> ### execution of /usr/bin/rsync failed, exit code 10
> Failed to fetch the timestamp file from the rsync server:
> rsync://ber.de.eu.finkmirrors.net/finkinfo/.  Check the error messages
> above.
>
> Any suggestions? I read in the comments that someone else was having a
> similar issue and tried the
> suggestions for that. Again no progress.
> ~Thanks!

It appears that the rsync server on that machine may be down.  :-(

However, it appears that the second alternate site is working:

rsync://hnd.jp.asi.finkmirrors.net/finkinfo/

Set your Mirror-rsync to that, and hopefully it should work.  It worked
for me when I tested it, and it showed the files for afni as being
downloaded.
--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison