List:       fink-beginners
Subject:    Re: [Fink-beginners] Installation error even after I see, Xcode and gcc in my system:
From:       Alexander Hansen <alexanderk.hansen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-11-20 17:23:30

On 11/20/12 9:29 AM, Subhra Sundar Goswami wrote:
> While installing Fink I am getting this message. Please help me!
>

> checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
> checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
> compiler cannot create executables
> See `config.log' for more details.
> ### execution of PERL=/usr/bin/perl failed, exit code 77
> phase compiling: dpkg-bootstrap-1.10.21-1220 failed
>
> Before reporting any errors, please run "fink selfupdate" and try again.
> Also try using "fink configure" to set your maximum build jobs to 1 and
> attempt to build the package again.
> If you continue to have issues, please check to see if the FAQ on Fink's
> website solves the problem.  If not, ask on one (not both, please) of
> these mailing lists:
>
> The Fink Users List <fink-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> <mailto:fink-users@lists.sourceforge.net>>
> The Fink Beginners List <fink-beginners@lists.sourceforge.net
> <mailto:fink-beginners@lists.sourceforge.net>>.
>
> Please try to include the complete error message in your report.  This
> generally consists of a compiler line starting with e.g. "gcc" or "g++"
> followed by the actual error output from the compiler.
>
> Also include the following system information:
> Package manager version: 0.34.4
> Distribution version: selfupdate-point (bootstrap), 10.8, x86_64
> Trees: local/main stable/main
> No recognized Xcode.app installed
> No recognized Xcode CLI installed
> Max. Fink build jobs:  2

You have two issues:

1) Running

sudo xcode-select -switch /path/to/Xcode.app

(replace "/path/to" by the actual path to Xcode on your system) is
necessary to point the system to the right place.

2) More importantly, you appear not to have the Command Line Tools for
Xcode installed, according to the message above.  We don't support
arbitrary gcc toolsets.

What do you get from running "gcc --version" in a terminal?

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison