List:       fink-beginners
Subject:    [Fink-beginners]  phase compiling: libmpfr4-3.0.0-3 failed
From:       Glenn Millhauser <glennm () chemistry ! ucsc ! edu>
Date:       2011-03-25 4:40:21

Dear All,
   With apologies, it's been a while since I ran a fink update.
Trying to catch up, fink selfupdate ran fine.  But when I try fink
update-all, I get errors, end of output below.  Of course, I've tried
several times, always with the same result.  I checked FAQ and
beginners archives but with no luck.  Many thanks for any suggestions.
 By the way, the core fink-0.29.21 installed fine.
glenn

CDPATH="${ZSH_VERSION+.}:" && cd . && /bin/sh
/sw/src/fink.build/libmpfr4-3.0.0-3/mpfr-3.0.0/missing --run
aclocal-1.11 -I m4
autom4te: need GNU m4 1.4 or later: /sw/bin/m4
aclocal-1.11: autom4te failed with exit status: 1
make: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 1
### execution of /var/tmp/tmp.1.tDdBjw failed, exit code 2
Removing runtime build-lock...
Removing build-lock package...
/sw/bin/dpkg-lockwait -r fink-buildlock-libmpfr4-3.0.0-3
(Reading database ... 51214 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing fink-buildlock-libmpfr4-3.0.0-3 ...
Failed: phase compiling: libmpfr4-3.0.0-3 failed

Before reporting any errors, please run "fink selfupdate" and
try again.  If you continue to have issues, please check to see if the
FAQ on fink's website solves the problem.  If not, ask on the fink-users
or fink-beginners mailing lists, with a carbon copy to the maintainer:

	David Fang <fangism@users.sourceforge.net>

Note that this is preferable to emailing the maintainer directly, since
most fink package maintainers do not have access to all possible
hardware and software configurations.

--
Glenn L. Millhauser
Chemistry