List:       fink-beginners
Subject:    Re: [Fink-beginners] GMP build issues
From:       Hanspeter Niederstrasser <fink () snaggledworks ! com>
Date:       2011-03-11 19:54:23

On 3/11/11 2:41 PM, Kent Paschke wrote:

> To clarify: for me, the error occurs when building gmp, but actually while
> building the first dependency: gmp-shlibs 4.3.2-5.

gmp and gmp-shlibs are built at the same time (they're splitoffs created
from the same build).

 > I see that gmp had
> a package update last night, but of course since the error is thrown on
> a check before it gets to that package, there is no change in behavior.

This is false.  The error is happening during the tests performed after
the regular gmp build.

> Making check in cxx
> mkdir .libs
> g++ -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer -mtune=i386
> -march=i386 -o .libs/t-assign t-
> assign.o -Wl,-bind_at_load  -L/sw/src/fink.build/gmp-4.3.2-5/
> gmp-4.3.2/.libs -L/sw/lib
> ../../tests/.libs/libtests.a ../../.libs/libgmpxx.dylib
> /sw/src/fink.build
> /gmp-4.3.2-5/gmp-
> 4.3.2/.libs/libgmp.dylib ../../.libs/libgmp.dylib
> Undefined symbols:
>    "___sync_fetch_and_add_4", referenced from:
>        check_mpq()    in t-assign.o

You're still building the -5 revision.  According to the commits log
<http://fink.cvs.sourceforge.net/fink/dists/10.4/unstable/main/finkinfo/libs/gmp.info?view=log>,
revision -6 is the first gmp revision that contains the fix for this
problem.

If you're running the stable tree, then you won't have seen the update
as it only exists in the Fink's unstable tree at this time.

You can see what Trees you have activated by running "fink -V | head -n
3" from the terminal.  If you wish to activate the unstable tree, follow
the directions here:
<http://www.finkproject.org/faq/usage-fink.php?phpLang=en#unstable>

Hanspeter