List:       fink-beginners
Subject:    [Fink-beginners]  Mac OS 10.6.5 installation failure
From:       Laduch <hongyi444 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-11-14 16:48:56

When I type fink, it says command not found.
I used the bootstrap, and it shown following errors at the end.
I have gcc version 4.2.1, Target: i686-apple-darwin10.
GNU Make 3.81

Can anyone post a solution to this problem?

================
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [dpkg-deb] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-dpkg-deb] Error 2
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 2
### execution of make failed, exit code 2
phase compiling: dpkg-bootstrap-1.10.21-1218 failed

Before reporting any errors, please run "fink selfupdate" and
try again.  If you continue to have issues, please check to see if the
FAQ on fink's website solves the problem.  If not, ask on the fink-users
or fink-beginners mailing lists, with a carbon copy to the maintainer:

	Fink Core Group <fink-core@lists.sourceforge.net>

Note that this is preferable to emailing the maintainer directly, since
most fink package maintainers do not have access to all possible
hardware and software configurations.