List:       fink-beginners
Subject:    Re: [Fink-beginners] Installed XCode, can't switch to Rsync
From:       Martin Costabel <costabel () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2010-02-26 10:18:35

Will Davidson wrote:
> The key here was getting the right version of the XCode Install DVD
> specific to your version of Mac, and babysitting it during the
> install. During the first install it didn't properly install the
> compiler and other components. Downloading the DVD again and
> installing it again solved the problem and everything went off without
> a hitch.
> It was odd to have xcode installed and not working but apparently it
> finished the install dialogue without doing anything.
> A minor glitch and something I'm a little shamed to have asked the
> list about, but many, many thanks.

Thanks for completing the record. There is nothing here to be ashamed
of. It is one of Fink's eternal problems that Apple's installer is not
always doing what the user thinks it does (sometimes because of bugs and
sometimes just because of its user interface.) It is good that this is
brought to everyone's attention when it happens.

--
Martin