List:       fink-beginners
Subject:    Re: [Fink-beginners] Can't resolve dependency "x11"
From:       "David Orriss Jr" <davido () codethought ! com>
Date:       2007-10-29 0:02:58

On 10/28/07, Alexander K. Hansen <akh@finkproject.org> wrote:
> David Orriss Jr wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm seeing this error trying to install gtk+2.  How do I get around it?
> >
> > Information about 6074 packages read in 0 seconds.
> > Can't resolve dependency "x11" for package "gtk+2-2.6.10-1003" (no matching
> > packages/versions found)
> > Exiting with failure.
> >

> What OS are you running?  If you're on Leopard, then you need to install
> Apple's X11.  Unless they've changed things there is an X11 runtime
> package (X11User.pkg)--which is in an optional installs section of the
> main OS install stuff, and a development headers disk
> (X11SDK.pkg)--which is part of Xcode.  You'll need both.

Thanks I had to re-install them.  Then Fink saw everything and I got
past that point.

Still couldn't install Gimp 2.4 (from source) tho.. which was why I
started looking into these libraries.  Apparently some of the
libraries in Fink still need to be updated a bit.

I'll try to rebuild and install Gimp 2.2 from source.

--
David Orriss Jr.

My blog: http://www.codethought.com/blog
My PalmOS apps: