List:       fink-beginners
Subject:    Re: [Fink-beginners] OS X 10.5
From:       Martin Costabel <costabel () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2007-10-28 18:01:34

Malcolm Litchfield wrote:
> I just bought my first MacBook (running Leopard) and am trying to
> convert myself from Ubuntu.
>
> When I download the latest Fink installer, I get the error message that
> the version I downloaded is for version 10.4 only and cannot be
> installed on my machine. But the news page on the Fink website says that
> it should run with 10.5.

It runs with 10.5 if you installed it on 10.4 before upgrading.
Otherwise, the Fink home page says:

"10.5 users who are starting a new Fink tree will need to do this via
bootstrap, until a binary distribution gets generated. Download
fink-0.27.7 here."

That would be your situation. You need to download the *.tar.gz file,
unpack it, and then run the command "bootstrap" that is inside the
fink-0.27.7 directory. You need to have the Xcode developer tools installed.

--
Martin