List:       fink-beginners
Subject:    Re: [Fink-beginners] Follow-up - error: X11/Xlib.h: No such file
From:       "Alexander K. Hansen" <akh () finkproject ! org>
Date:       2007-08-28 15:30:29

JB wrote:
> I see this topic recurring in a number of places.  Alexander Hansen's
> reply on the June 30th was probably the best I've seen on
> troubleshooting -
> http://www.mail-archive.com/fink-beginners@lists.sourceforge.net/msg20177.html
>
> I ran into this same issue, even with Apple's X11 SDK and the Fink
> virtual packages installed - pretty much, /usr/x11R5/include/X11 was
> empty.  Refusing to think about the implications and error, I
> symlinked the X11 directory to
> Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/X11R6/include/X11/
>
> Q: Why isn't this done by the virtual packages?  I thought that was
> their purpose?

Nope.  They perform no actions apart from letting the package manager
that something's installed, since it tracks _packages_, rather than
_files_.  (The virtual package code does look for individual files, though).

I don't see how /usr/X11R6/include could be empty if you have the X11SDK
installed correctly, though.  (X11User is another matter).

--
Alexander K. Hansen
Fink User Liaison/Documenter