List:       fink-beginners
Subject:    Re: [Fink-beginners] Lilypond issue
From:       "Alexander K. Hansen" <akh () finkproject ! org>
Date:       2007-03-30 20:12:42

Don Skoog wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> When updating Lilypond with Fink Commander I Get this result:
>

> ERROR: mftrace not found
>
> For obtaining PFA fonts, either install mftrace
> (see http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen/mftrace/
> <http://www.xs4all.nl/%7Ehanwen/mftrace/> ),
> or try one of the following commands in this directory:
>
> make get-pfa
> make get-rpm-pfa
> make get-deb-pfa
>
> These commands will try to download the files from internet.
> gnumake[1]: *** [pfa_warning] Error 1
> gnumake: *** [all] Error 2
> ### execution of gnumake failed, exit code 2
> Removing runtime build-lock...
> Removing build-lock package...
> /sw/bin/dpkg-lockwait -r fink-buildlock-lilypond-2.6.4-1
> (Reading database ... 66988 files and directories currently installed.)
> Removing fink-buildlock-lilypond-2.6.4-1 ...
> Failed: phase compiling: lilypond-2.6.4-1 failed
>
> The problem is Fink says my mftrace is up to date.
>
> I'm running the latest Fink and Fink Commander on OSX 10.4.9 on a
> Power PC.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Don
This came up a while ago and I think it has been fixed.  According to
http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/lilypond, the version you're
installing isn't in the stable tree, nor is it the latest in unstable
(you didn't specify whether you had the latter turned on).

I would suspect, therefore, that you are still on the deprecated 10.4
transitional tree.  Check this via "fink --version".   If so, then you
should update from that.  Check out
http://fink.sourceforge.net/news/#2006-07-24%20Reminder%3A%20%2210.4-transitional%22%20Tree%20Unsupported%20on%20August%201st%2C%202006

--
Alexander K. Hansen