List:       fink-beginners
Subject:    [Fink-beginners] Re: update-all error (Gnome Related)
From:       "Daniel E. Macks" <dmacks () netspace ! org>
Date:       2006-01-23 18:05:44

Chip G. <n1mie@myeastern.com> said:

> I recently installed gnome. I was a little disappointed in the
> install. Normally fink seems to cover all the setup pretty adroitly,
> but this time it failed to setup the recommended gdm user and group.
> It took me awhile to determine that problem and get it straightened
> out.

I just the "passwd" package in stable to supply that user and group,
and updated the "gdm" package to require that passwd. This was fixed a
few months ago in unstable...most gnome (except the core libraries)
are pretty old and getting crufty in stable:(

> There is still some problem that I haven't resolved that I think
> is a permissions error, but I'm having trouble nailing to down enough
> to even elucidate it.
[...]
>> perl -ni -e 'print unless /gnome-stones/' Makefile.in
>> rm ChangeLogs/ChangeLog.gnome-stones
>> rm: ChangeLogs/ChangeLog.gnome-stones: No such file or directory
>> ### execution of rm failed, exit code 1
>> Removing build lock...
>> /sw/bin/dpkg-lockwait -r fink-buildlock-gnome-games-2.6.2-13
>> (Reading database ... 50916 files and directories currently
>> installed.)
>> Removing fink-buildlock-gnome-games-2.6.2-13 ...
>> Failed: phase patching: gnome-games-2.6.2-13 failed

My bad. I copied a bug-fix from the package in unstable to the one in
stable without noticing that the whole ChangeLogs directory isn't
implemented in the stable pkg:( A fixed package is currently
propagating to the selfupdate servers.

dan

--
Daniel Macks