List:       fink-beginners
Subject:    [Fink-beginners] octave-forge
From:       Nasimul Haque <nasim.haque () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-11-25 15:29:15

Hello,
I've tried to install octave-forge from fink. It installs fine but the
problem is it lacks almost everything I need. I tried to use delaunay in
octave and surprisingly I found it's not in the octave-forge. After some
google, I found that it requires cln and ginac to perform my task. And both
packages are absent in fink repository. So, the solution is to download the
source files and compile it by myself. I did and found a bug in readline5.
When ginac is configuring, it finds readline5 versions as a string (I forgo=
the string, sorry!) instead of integer. To handle this manually is very muc=
tough to me. So instead I used readline v4. It was compiled successfully bu=
when I run octave and use delaunay it gets exception (memory leak, I
suppose) and force quit octave by itself. So, my question is why cln and
ginac are not in the repository? And how to solve readline problem? Please
help!
Nasim