List:       fink-beginners
Subject:    [Fink-beginners] Modifying Read Only Files
From:       "Hawwa, Renda Lee" <rhawwa1 () uic ! edu>
Date:       2005-11-15 16:56:04

Hi everyone,

I am trying to install CNS on my Mac running Tiger 10.4.  In order to do
so I have to modify my /sw/etc/apt/sources.list file to contain 3 lines at
the bottom.  However, I have tried to edit it using vi and also using text
edit and it keeps telling me that it is read-only and I can't modify it.
I have tried to overwrite it and it will not let me.  Am I missing
something about modifying read-only files?

Thank you!!