List:       fetchmail-friends
Subject:    Re: [fetchmail] Re: upgraded, and now fails... (error message!)
From:       "Rob MacGregor" <rob_macgregor () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2003-06-15 20:06:34

>From: "B Wooster" <bwooster47@hotmail.com>
>
>[sorry for leaving out the most important information!]
>fails
>with authentication error. The old 5.8.6 still works reliably.]
>
>fetchmail: POP3> STLS
>fetchmail: POP3< +OK STLS completed
>fetchmail: POP3> CAPA
>fetchmail: POP3> USER pop
>fetchmail: POP3> PASS
>fetchmail: Unknown login or authentication error on pop@hostname....
>fetchmail: POP3> QUIT

A trawl of the group archive will get the solution.  However try the
following in the section for the server:

auth password

  Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
       Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?