List:       fetchmail-friends
Subject:    Re: [fetchmail] fetchmail and qmail
From:       Matthias Andree <ma () dt ! e-technik ! uni-dortmund ! de>
Date:       2002-08-26 8:45:15

Thomas Wilke <wilke@ti.informatik.uni-kiel.de> writes:

> Hi fetchmail friends:
>
> I'm using fetchmail to retrieve my mail from a pop3 account and qmail for
> local delivery. I'm making prohibitive use of the extension mechanism in
> qmail, that is, I have dozens of addresses like wilke-fetchmail, wilke-bla,
> wilke-blurb etc.
>
> The problem is that fetchmail somehow, when retrieving my mail and
> transferring it to qmail, cuts off the extensions. So wilke-fetchmail becomes
> wilke and wilke-bla becomes wilke ...
>
> Anyone out there who knows what I can do?

fetchmail does not currently support address extensions.

If the pop3 account has the same addresses as your fetchmail server, and
your pop3 account is really single-drop, place

set postmaster "wilke"

at the top into .fetchmailrc and add "is * here" between user and
password may do -- but I never tried this.

If your server has a different name but the same extension scheme, an
additional alias may fix this. Again, I never tried this.

The alternative is to use maildrop (don't use procmail) and filter
things, provided that the upstream pop3 account saves the envelope
recipient information.

--
Matthias Andree