List:       fetchmail-friends
Subject:    Re: [fetchmail]Where's my mail?
From:       Stephen Torri <storri () ameritech ! net>
Date:       2001-08-28 11:45:01

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Shawn wrote:

> I got fetchmail to work and to download my messages
> from my server, after they're here, I run PINE and its
> not tfinding any new messages. Where does fetchmail
> store the downloaded messages. Isn't it
> /var/spool/mail/username?

That is where I find my mail. Check to see if you put the right username
in your fetchmailrc for the local system. I have had accounts where the
ISP name was different from the local name.

> I'm new to Linux and I'd really like some help getting
> this to work. I've looked over the FAQ and I can't
> figure out how to make this all work. Am I missing
> something somewhere?
>
> thanks. . .Shawn

If you comment out the options "logfile" and "daemon", if they are in the
fetchmailrc, then run fetchmail with -v or -vv (more detail). This will
output what fetchmail is doing when it is grabbing your mail.

Stephen