List:       fetchmail-friends
Subject:    [fetchmail]Re: Hi
From:       "Bill Michell" <bill () mics ! org ! uk>
Date:       2001-08-28 9:20:44

Tim writes:

> Hi i have installed linux redhat 7.0 and fetchmail is already on there and i have \
> no idea what to do ive read the help files and there not helping, how do i add a \
> mail server for users? Tim

fetchmail deals only with collecting messages so anything to do with sendign
stuff out has to be dealt with completely separately.

In order to receive messages, you need to set up some configuration (in
.fetchmailrc or - in certain circumstances - in fetchmailrc (note the
missing dot).

Then you need to persuade fetchmail to read the configuration and collect
some mail from the locations defined in the configuration file, for delivery
into your local mail system.

You can do this in a number of ways depending on exactly what you want to
achieve.

Try describing your situation more fully, and maybe we can help you with
some pointers.

Do you have much experience with redhat, linux or unix systems?

--
Bill Michell
bill@mics.org.uk (home)