List:       festvox-talk
Subject:    Re: Converting FestVox Voices
From:       Alan W Black <awb () cs ! cmu ! edu>
Date:       2010-08-12 11:33:21

luixsansan@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to build a spanish voice for flite, I am using the diphone voice that \
> comes with Festival festvox_ellpc11k and I am trying to follow chapter 8 from \
> flite's manual.
> I have succesfully compiled Flite and FestVox,
>
> The first thing that intrigues me is the paragraph
>
> "This will read `etc/voice.defs', which should have been created by the FestVox \
> build process (except in very old versions of FestVox)."
> I am using FestVox2.1 which is the version I can download form the page and neither \
> the directory nor the file are created.
> I have created manually the folder and for voice.defs I wrote
>
> FV_INST=cmu
> FV_LANG=es
> FV_NAME=el
> FV_TYPE=diphone
> FV_VOICENAME=$FV_INST"_"$FV_LANG"_"$FV_NAME
> FV_FULLVOICENAME=$FV_VOICENAME"_"$FV_TYPE
>
> After runnig setup_flite I have a folder flite with some files in it, but when I \
> run build_flite I get some errors, which is the correct procedure?, how do I set a \
> reference to festival/lib/voices/spanish/el_diphone which is the voice I want to \
> convert?
>
> In folder "vox_files" there is a subfolder "es", which I suppose it corresponds to \
> spanish, How can I use these files for my purpose?

Actually this isn't directly possible with the "grouped" version of the
diphones, the flite conversion code requires the source version of the
diphone files which we've not distributed (and I'm not sure where they
are).  There have been others though who I believe have a spanish
diphone voice in flite.

Alan