List:       festlang-talk
Subject:    [festival-talk] Compiling Festival under Windows
From:       destrus82 () telefonica ! net (Joan Soto Targa)
Date:       2006-02-26 19:16:04

First of all, thanks for those guides.

I have tried to compile and some errors have appeared. So I thought that I'd ask here \
hoping it is a common problem, while I search on my own too. When doing the final \
"nmake /nologo /fVCMakefile" step for speech_tools, an error appears saying \
"iostream.h" could not be found. I tried both adding this file (and the warning file \
it includes) to some "Include" directory and changing the original source to "include \
<iostream>". But then, in both cases (I'm not sure whether this is related to the \
previous error or not), many errors appear. The output messages are the following \
(the error messages are in Spanish, I translated them):

Config not checked for VC
building .\siod
cl /nologo /DSYSTEM_IS_WIN32=1 /DINSTANTIATE_TEMPLATES=1 /DSUPORT_EDITLINE=1 \
/DSUPPORT_MPLAYER=1 /DSUPPORT_WIN32AUDIO=1 /Yd /Zi /I../Include /c /Tpslib.cc \
/Foslib.obj slib.cc
C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\cstdio(17) : \
error C2589: 'unsigned' : unvalid symbol (token) on the right side of '::' \
C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\cstdio(17) : \
error C2059: syntax error : '::'

And the same errors for "cstdlib", "cstring", "cstddef" and "cwchar". Then:

C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\ostream(574) : \
warning C4530: C++ exception controller has been used, but the sort out semantics are \
not habilitated. Specify /EHsc. C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET \
2003\Vc7\include\istream(828) : warning C4530: C++ exception controller has been \
used, but the sort out semantics are not habilitated. Specify /EHsc. C:\Archivos de \
programa\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\istream(1064) : warning C4530: \
C++ exception controller has been used, but the sort out semantics are not \
habilitated. Specify /EHsc. NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : returned code '0x2'
Stop

Thanks in advance,
Joan Soto