List:       festlang-talk
Subject:    [festival-talk] using Festival with Java
From:       nshmyrev () yandex ! ru (Nickolay V !  Shmyrev)
Date:       2005-08-30 14:45:06

? ???, 29/08/2005 ? 19:17 +0100, stefano.malagigi at tin.it ?????:
> message from "stefano.malagigi at tin.it" <stefano.malagigi at tin.it> to festival-talk
> = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
> Hi,
> someone can show me a little example about how I can call festival
> within a Java application? What I need is just to convert a text file
> into a wav file. Thanks. Bye.
>
> Stefano
>
> p.s. is it possible to convert
> in mp3 too?...

I've easily created those lines that should do work for your. Of course,
you can use sox then to create mp3 from wav file. It can be done in
similar manner.

There are more advanced java festival bindings and also you can
communicate with festival server, but that technique is more advanced
and probably isn't needed for you.

About you error with Italian voice - it's probably caused by some symbol
in the text. Try to find out that strange symbol and report about this
problem to creator of Italian voice. It's purely voice problem