List:       fedora-test-list
Subject:    Re: Suspend not working on Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro AMD Ryzen 7 5800U
From:       Adam Williamson <adamwill () fedoraproject ! org>
Date:       2022-04-26 23:16:44

On Tue, 2022-04-26 at 19:24 +0200, AV via test wrote:
> Fedora 36 beta Workstation installed on the Ideapad Ryzen 5800U with
> all the latest updates. In general Fedora seems to be working OK
> (modulo the usual list of ACPI errors/complaints).
> However after suspend ('systemctl suspend' or via menu or 'lid close')
> it refuses to wake up again when pressing power button and a hard reset
> is needed.
> Does this warrant a blocker status and under what system component
> (kernel?) should I bugzilla it.

It's almost certainly not a blocker, no. We don't block on system-
specific bugs with suspend, by long precedent.

I'd file the bug on the kernel to start with, yeah. You might also want
to report it upstream, as our kernel maintainer is pretty busy and is a
generalist so there's no guarantee he'll be able to do a lot about it;
there will be more folks upstream who might be able to.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA