List:       fedora-test-list
Subject:    Re: Blocking criteria proposal for F30+: Printing
From:       Ben Cotton <bcotton () redhat ! com>
Date:       2018-09-20 13:46:28

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 8:33 AM Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh@redhat.com> wrote:

> I'd like to propose that we add the following criteria to Beta for Fedora 30+:
> * Printing must work on at least one printer available to Fedora QA.
> "Work" is defined as the output from the device matching a preview
> shown on the GNOME print preview display. (Note that differences in
> color reproduction are not considered "non-working".)

+1 to this

> and this to Final for Fedora 30+:
> * Printing must work on at least one printer using each of the
> following drivers:
> (I don't know which ones to specify here, but we ought to try to
> figure out a cross-section that covers a large swath of our expected
> user base).

My main concern here is making sure QA has at least one of each of the
necessary printers. That could get large pretty quickly if we're not
careful. I'm also concerned that we could end up blocking the final
because a printer broke or is out of ink, or other hardware failure. I
think I'd rather keep the Beta proposal for Final. Since we have no
criterion currently, adding the Beta criterion is an improvement. We
can always make the requirement more aggressive if it turns out to be
insufficient.

--
Ben Cotton
Fedora Program Manager