List:       fedora-test-list
Subject:    Re: Fedora 26 Alpha 1.5 compose check report
From:       Adam Williamson <adamwill () fedoraproject ! org>
Date:       2017-03-29 20:23:48

On Wed, 2017-03-29 at 21:23 +0200, GERHARD GOETZHABER wrote:
> Be it as is - most probably, the issue will be temporary: Watched over a
> couple of months, it seems every second kernel subversion is a bit
> difficult to build in even for system maintainers, so for example I
> remember v4.9 was quite not a joyful product while the use of 4.10 has
> exclusively made me a winner all on my tested systems within, especially
> a crowd of simple command line programs seem to run much more fluently
> and even faster since 4.10 but without any awful events. I am grateful
> for recently seeing my Korora 25 (the last distribution I have still
> been operating with KDE Plasma instead of Xfce I have lastly fled to)
> updated to it! That way good hope for 4.12 ... ; )

This is classic pattern recognition fallacy, the same thing that leads
people to weird beliefs like 'odd numbered Fedora releases are better'.
There is absolutely no possible reason why this would actually be the
case, as there is no difference at all in the kernel development
process for oddly and evenly numbered minor versions.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey