List:       fedora-test-list
Subject:    Re: F19 TC3 install
From:       Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R <caf () omen ! com>
Date:       2013-03-29 15:47:21

On 03/29/2013 07:13 AM, Alexander Volovics wrote:
> Should a 'bare metal' install of TC3 be possible or is only
> a 'virtual' install supported.
>
> I tried 2x, once UEFI on a Lenovo Thinkpad x121e and once BIOS
> on an old Inspiron Vostro. Both 'default' installs after
> reclaiming all disk space.
>
> Both times anaconda crashed at the end of 'post-installation
> configuration', prior to or during boot loader install.
> (The installation screen disapeared and I was thrown back to
>   the live desktop).
>
> I forgot to look at logs. Will try a netinstall tonight to
> gather more info.
>
> AV

Tried copying 32 bit  TC3 netinst to a Tron Legacy Light Cycle
USB drive.  Install stalled before installing boot loader.

Tried the same procedure with the 64 bit flavor.
Install stalled before installing boot loader with the
familiar black screen with useless cursor.

--
      Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   caf@omen.com   www.omen.com