List:       fedora-test-list
Subject:    Installation from USB-written images (4/5): DVD.iso + dd
From:       Josef Skladanka <jskladan () redhat ! com>
Date:       2012-01-30 13:10:38

This testcase [1] should ensure, that if the user uses USB stick and transfers the \
DVD.iso to it using dd, the installation can be successfully finished. Even though \
this technically is DVD.iso, we do not require anaconda to successfully use the DVD \
local package source options (F17 Alpha Release Criterion #7).

I propose this as a Alpha verification testcase.

---------------------------

= Description =

This test verifies that Fedora DVD Image can be booted & installed from USB stick

There are more methods to create the DVD.iso USB stick, this test covers dd.

== Setup ==

* Prepare the DVD ISO image and USB stick.
* Copy the DVD.iso to the USB stick using dd [3]

== How to test ==

* Insert the USB stick containing DVD.iso, and boot the system under test
* Proceed with the installation the usual way.

== Expected Results ==

* Graphical boot menu is displayed for users to select install options. Navigating \
the menu and selecting entries must work. If no option is selected, the installer \
                should load after a reasonable timeout
* Installer boots into loader and prompts for language, keymap
* Installer transitions to anaconda without error
* ??? Installer does not offer the USB stick as a target for bootloader and/or \
partitioning