List:       fedora-selinux-list
Subject:    Re: aduitd failing to start
From:       Steve G <linux_4ever () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2008-03-20 19:01:48

> Can I know why email option is not working?

The email option should work assuming that SE Linux policy allows it. I just checked \
the source code. If the email address has a '@' symbol, auditd calls gethostbyname to \
make sure that you don't have a typo in the email address and it can't send an email \
when it needs to. Since SE Linux policy fails that, it rejects that address and then \
in turn fails the startup to let you know that you  have something wrong in the \
configuration.

There's possibly a workaround where you use a local alias that sendmail/postfix \
resolves into your real email address. This way you do not need an email address with \
a '@' in it. This should be temporary until policy is fixed.

Also, when it does come time for auditd to send its first email, we still need a \
transition from auditd to a mta domain. Auditd calls /usr/lib/sendmail if that \
matters to anyone.

-Steve