List:       fedora-selinux-list
Subject:    Re: Today's rawhide update
From:       Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh () redhat ! com>
Date:       2007-07-23 13:23:16

Steve G wrote:
> > > libsemanage.semanage_commit_sandbox: Error while renaming
> > > /etc/selinux/targeted/modules/active to
> > >
> /etc/selinux/targeted/modules/previous.
>
> > > /usr/sbin/semanage: Could not add SELinux user guest_u
> > > libsemanage.semanage_commit_sandbox: Error while renaming
> > > /etc/selinux/targeted/modules/active to
> > >
> /etc/selinux/targeted/modules/previous.
>
> > > /usr/sbin/semanage: Could not add SELinux user xguest_u
> > > Cleanup   : policycoreutils              ####################### [16/22]
> > >
> > Steve, why is this alarming?
> >

> Cause it sounds like a user type was not successfully added to the on-disk
> policy. Running "semanage user -l" shows that neither guest_u or xguest_u exist.
>

> > I'm almost certain that I've seen this before on my own system. Should I be
> > concerned as well?
> >

> I think this indicates a problem with libsemanage or selinux policy. And by the
> terseness of the error messages, I wonder if there's enough information to
> diagnose *why* this failed. An errno might be useful here.
>
> -Steve

The problem here is that a transition has failed and
/etc/selinux/targeted has a mislabeled problem.
restorecon -R -v /etc/selinux/targeted should clean it up.

Not sure what caused it, although I have a theory that a transition on
setsebool did not happen properly so the files
got mislabeled, during an rpm install.

restorecon -R -v /etc/selinux/targeted
should clean up the mislabeled directory

# semanage user -a -P guest -R guest_r guest_u
# semanage user -a -P xguest -R xguest_r xguest_u

Execute these commands to create the two new user types.