List:       fedora-marketing-list
Subject:    =?utf-8?q?=5Bmarketing=5D?= Re: Introduction for Joing the Group
From:       "Justin W. Flory" <jflory7 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-12-12 17:31:06

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

On 11/28/2016 03:04 AM, Benson Muite wrote:
> Hi Sahil,
>

> Welcome to the group. Let us know availability for meetings:
>
> https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/anonymous/FedoraMarketing/
>

> Regards,
>
> Benson
>

> On 11/27/2016 09:22 PM, Sahil Khan wrote:
>>
>> Hello fellows
>>
>> I am Sahil Khan from India. I have recently started contributing to
>> fedora Project.I have been using fedora since a long time and doing my
>> RHCE certifications thats my technical grounds which can help me in
>> Marketing. I would love to start Marketing In fedora Project as  i
>> truely love Fedora Linux and i want people to use and know what is
>> linux and linux is not just Ubuntu.I will be gratefull If i am
>> sponsered for the project and Guided so that i can use my good
>> communication skills to do some good marketing and let people of city
>> know something more about fedora. I am really happy to be a part of
>> fedora Maketing group.
>>
>> Warm regards
>>
>> Sahil Khan
>>
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/user/view/codesahil

Hello Sahil, and welcome to the Marketing mailing list! Apologies on how
long it has taken for me to get around to making a reply here. We're
happy to have you here with us!

To get started with Marketing, you can find more information about some
of the things we do on our wiki page, if you haven't read it already.
This will give you some background to the things we work on.

     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing

We are getting ready to transition from the Fedora 25 to Fedora 26
cycle, so we're still getting pages and information updated to be
current. Some of the things we'll likely be working on next are making
talking points for Fedora 26, helping make a press kit for F26, and
hopefully more too.

We use Pagure to track ongoing tasks and tickets that we're working on.
You can see current and paused tickets there. Feel free to look through
them and see if there's anything that interests you.

     https://pagure.io/fedora-marketing/issues

However, we will probably be able to offer more specific recommendations
if we know the kinds of things that you are interested in helping with
too! Do you have any background or experience in Marketing? If not,
that's fine too. Are there any ideas that you think would be important
for us to focus on to better reach students or other audiences about why
Fedora is awesome?

Thanks again for sending your introduction here on the list. :)

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory