List:       fedora-marketing-list
Subject:    Re: Self Introduction
From:       "Justin W. Flory" <jflory7 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-11-23 2:41:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On 11/22/2015 06:51 PM, charles profitt wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> I am transitioning from Ubuntu to Fedora and would like to contribute
> to the Fedora Magazine as an author.
>
> My wiki page: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Cprofitt
>
> Please let me know how to proceed.
>
> Thanks,

Hey Charles! I feel like we're seeing each other all over the place now.
;) Welcome to the Marketing team!

To get started writing a new Magazine article, we have a few pages that
will help get you started with the process. Since you're already
familiar with writing for the CommBlog, it's very similar, but there's a
few extra steps.

First, read this page about the procedure for writing an article:

     http://fedoramagazine.org/writing-an-article-for-the-fedora-magazine/

Second, logging into the Magazine is the exact same as the CommBlog, but
just in case:

     http://fedoramagazine.org/logging-into-fedora-magazine-with-fas/

The important thing to take note of in the process is writing new
pitches for the Magazine. A pitch should be a very basic idea of your
article, what you intend to cover, and that kind of thing. I have an
outline of what a good pitch looks like - I just published now,
hopefully Paul and Ryan don't mind if I put it out there. :)

     https://fedoramagazine.org/writing-a-new-pitch/

Last thing to take note of, once you have your pitch finished, you can
email the list with a link to your pitch, or you can try to attend our
weekly IRC meeting every Thursday, 5:00pm US EST (10:00 UTC). It's great
if you can attend the meetings, we'll be meeting next after Thanksgiving
week!

Let us know if you have other questions. :) Welcome aboard!

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory