List:       fedora-marketing-list
Subject:    Fwd: large number of OpenShift Online gears restarted
From:       Chris Roberts <chris.roberts () croberts ! org>
Date:       2014-08-14 12:59:45

If the Fedora magazine was having issues last night this is why. I did not get any \
emails or text messages so I assume if it did go down it was brief.

- Chris Roberts

Hi, all.  This is just a heads-up that due to an unfortunate conflict between one of \
our automated scripts and a configuration change that was pushed last night & today, \
approximately 25% of all the gears in OpenShift Online were killed and restarted \
today between the hours of 2 AM and 3 PM, some of them multiple times.  I would not \
be surprised if we see an uptick in support issues resulting from this.  If you need \
further details on exactly what happened or whether a particular app was impacted, \
feel free to raise an issue, but the problem has been resolved, and we do not \
anticipate any further such incidents.

Andy Grimm
Operations Support Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.