List:       fedora-marketing-list
Subject:    Fedora Magazine
From:       "Chris A. Roberts" <croberts () cintrixhosting ! com>
Date:       2014-01-08 7:06:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to keep everyone updated on my progress getting the Magazine restored. \
Sadly something got corrupted during the migration. After diving in and checking \
everything out I was not able to get either app fixed. So we had to create a new \
wordpress site. Dont worry though, I salvaged all the data/theme/posts/images/plugins \
from the old site before I sent it packing. The good news is that things are coming \
along with it and I should have it switched to the main fedoramagazine.org by \
tomorrow night. [1] If you want to take a look at it currently. There are still a few \
things I have to fix on the backend before it goes back to production.

Sadly all the local user accounts got deleted, but that really wont make a difference \
once the domain gets switched over and the openid login works. I will be creating \
logins for myself, suehle, jzb, mitzie, randomuser, nirik, roshi as administrators. I \
will set a temp password and the site should email you your info so you can change \
the password. If I missed anyone who wants a local account let me know either through \
a private email at croberts@cintrixhosting.com or ping me on irc (croberts). I have \
worked with the openshift team to increase our gears so as increased traffic hits the \
site it will scale. I also setup the site so that we can get metrics on traffic from \
the backend so that we have that data without the need for plugins to slow the site \
down. Once this step is completed and everything is back to normal I am going to work \
on a app that replicates the magazine so that way we do not run into this issue \
again.

[1] http://wp-fedoramag.rhcloud.com/

Thanks everyone for your patience while we get this finally fixed once and for all.

Chris Roberts
Fedora Marketing/Websites/Videos/Infrastructure Team
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Chrisroberts