List:       fedora-marketing-list
Subject:    [in the news] Red Hat names new Fedora Project Leader
From:       Kara Schiltz <kschiltz () redhat ! com>
Date:       2010-06-29 21:50:13

Internetnews.com
6.29.10

Red Hat names new Fedora Project Leader
By Sean Michael Kerner

I'm a huge fan of the work and the leadership that current Fedora
Project Leader Paul Frields has done since 2008. Frields has always been
one of the most articulate, honest and insightful Linux community
leaders that I have ever had the pleasure of working with.

[clip]

The process of how Fedora's leadership is chosen is different than other
distributions. It's not a totally democratic process like the one that
Debian has. On the other hand it's not totally autocratic like Ubuntu.
In a mailing list posting announcing the transition, Frields explained
the process.
"One of the hallmarks of Fedora leadership is that it's open to change,"
Frields wrote. "The FPL is not a semi-benevolent dictator for life, but
rather a position to which new people can regularly bring their passion
for making Fedora better...The FPL job is a salaried position at Red
Hat, and the Fedora Board members as well as many other stakeholders
have been informed and involved with the process of selecting a new
FPL."  *

Full post:
http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2010/06/red-hat-names-new-fedora-proje.html