List:       fedora-marketing-list
Subject:    Meeting notes 2009-09-15
From:       Mel Chua <mel () redhat ! com>
Date:       2009-09-15 21:31:53

They're up on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_meetings#2009.

Highlights:

* Talking points sprint tomorrow night

* We've pretty much selected an F12 slogan! (Read the logs to find out
which one, or wait for Mo's announcement of the final pick in 2 days.)

* Marketing research is kicking ass. FUDCon sounds like a good
opportunity to do feedback-gathering from potential users.

* FI-infrastructure needs several critical blockers cleared this week;
if you can make or review packages, we need your help. See
https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&component=Fedora+Insight&order=priority.

* FI content for the September 28 launch will start off with...
** Some material from Martin Duffy's "Fedora Fun Projects" rotation
** Some material adapted from Fedora Planet over the next two weeks -
Jonathan Roberts will be watching Planet for these
** Hopefully something from FWN - Dale Bewley is checking out the zikula
interface this week to see how this might work.
** Other ideas people might have?

--Mel

PS: As a side note, I'm greatly looking forward to the FI infrastructure
dust clearing so we can focus solely on content. After FI goes on
staging (September 21) and the pace eases a bit and the dust clears, the
infrastructure discussions about FI will move to the logistics list, and
we'll be left with the content and marketing strategy on this list.