List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: OT: Ways to figure what causing High Ping Loss that require power cycling cable modem??
From:       "Michael D. Setzer II via users" <users () lists ! fedoraproject ! org>
Date:       2023-07-09 21:29:44

On 9 Jul 2023 at 17:00, Roger Heflin wrote:

From:	Roger Heflin <rogerheflin@gmail.com>
Date sent:	Sun, 9 Jul 2023 17:00:55 -0400
Subject:	Re: OT: Ways to figure what causing High Ping Loss that require power
	cycling cable modem??
To:	"Michael D. Setzer II" <mikes@guam.net>,
	Community support for Fedora users <users@lists.fedoraproject.org>
Send reply to:	Community support for Fedora users <users@lists.fedoraproject.org>

> I have had a cable modem break from me turning on extra logging and or
> statistics that apparently worked badly. Turn off any extras you turned
> on. Mine was also having random issues from a zwave transmitter tnat was
> really close. The zwave caused errors on 2 of the many different frequencies
> on the cable that told me it was not a physical wiring issue but something
> else. I found those stats in one of the cable modems pages. Moving the
> device a few feet away resolved thay.

The web page that shows up with 192.168.100.1 doesn't let me
change anything other then option to reset counters. Has an
advanced option, but it has an advanced tab, but prompts for
password of day.

Have another script that gets status page from modem every 15
minutes and it reports high changes on uncorrectable errors
between checks. Strange thing is that seems to be similar patterns
both when working and not working.
605	ALL	100.00%
43	"=0	7.11%
0	"1-100	0.00%
0	'101-500	0.00%
0	"501-1000	0.00%
0	"1001-2500	0.00%
0	"2501-5000	0.00%
112	"5001-10000	18.51%
448	"10001-20000	74.05%
1	">20000	0.17%
1	"<0	0.17%
Max	23128
(Actual max 30833, reset >30000 to -1000 to keep graph from
scalling to high)
Modem shows valid ranger from 15 to -15
-2.1	Max Power
-14.6	Min Power