List:       fedora-list
Subject:    DMARC and SPF and DKIM, oh, my!
From:       Thomas Cameron via users <users () lists ! fedoraproject ! org>
Date:       2023-05-10 3:37:34

All -

I've tested my DMARC, DKIM, and SPF records against multiple test sites,
and it's set up correctly. I've sent email from my server to GMail, read
the headers, and all tests pass.

The problem is, as far as I can tell, EVERY server that sends mail to
mailing lists causes me to get a barrage of warnings from receivers'
email servers saying that, since the email came from the list server,
the message failed because it's not from MY email server. It's maddening.

What do folks who manage email servers do about this? I'm seriously
starting to think that using these tools introduce darned near as many
problems as they "solve." Talk me off the ledge?

I am working through maybe tuning my settings, using the DMARCLY wizard.
I see that I am probably setting some things too strict, especially
around DMARC, but... Dang, this is frustrating.

Thomas