List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: Certbot error
From:       Tim via users <users () lists ! fedoraproject ! org>
Date:       2023-04-22 22:23:39

On Sat, 2023-04-22 at 14:32 -0700, Samuel Sieb wrote:
> As Patrick said, using port 443 would be a circular dependency.  There
> is no "testing" of the cert, this is for providing the cert.

Ah...  I thought it was for checking and auto-renewing certificates
before expiry (like certwatch).

> At this point, you don't have an SSL certificate, so it wouldn't work.  The
> requester puts a token in the web server directory and then tells the
> certificate generating side to verify the token.

Hmm, sounds like a security problem to get data via insecure means, in
the first place.  It escapes me why you'd want to work that way if you
were running it on the same machine as the server.

--

NB:  All unexpected mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted.
I will only get to see the messages that are posted to the list.

The following system info data is generated fresh for each post:

uname -rsvp
Linux 6.2.8-100.fc36.x86_64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Wed Mar 22 19:14:19
UTC 2023 x86_64