List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: Fedora 37: Gnome 43: screensaver: How to  lock screen from command line
From:       Dario Lesca <d.lesca () solinos ! it>
Date:       2023-03-27 12:07:24

Il giorno dom, 26/03/2023 alle 15.15 +0200, Wolfgang Pfeiffer ha
scritto:
> Not sure if this is a "standard (XDG) way", but I'm running i3lock:
> https://i3wm.org/i3lock/
>
> Simple and efficient.
> https://linuxcommandlibrary.com/man/i3lock
>
> My environment:
>
> % env | egrep -i 'n__desktop|session=|ssion_t|xdm'
> DESKTOP_SESSION=i3
> DM_CONTROL=/run/xdmctl
> XDG_SESSION_TYPE=x11
> XDM_MANAGED=method=classic
>
> % loginctl session-status | grep Servic\[e\]
>          Service: kdm; type x11; class user

Yes, i3lock and slock start a lock screen.

But not start the standard Gnome lock screen.

All other D.E. have their own screen locker, not Gnome, This is a
strange thing.

Now I have wrote a shell script with the dbus-send previous command
inside that do this job

Thanks