List:       fedora-list
Subject:    Re: Error notification after suspend
From:       stan via users <users () lists ! fedoraproject ! org>
Date:       2022-08-28 13:56:26

On Sun, 28 Aug 2022 05:13:09 -0500
Anil F Duggirala <anilduggirala@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> hello,
> I am getting an error notification after resuming from suspend.
> kernel:__common_interrupt: 5.33 No irq handler for vector

The thread I mention below suggests that this is a problem with IOMMU,
and that most people don't need it, so it can be turned off in the BIOS,
and that will resolve the message.

> Very funny other people with the same laptop have complained about
> this issue before.
> https://ask.fedoraproject.org/t/machine-never-recovers-from-suspend/15207
> https://superuser.com/questions/1585322/why-do-i-see-the-message-do-irq-5-33-no-irq-handler-for-vector-on-my-dell-xps
>
> However, my computer resumes successfully without any issues I can
> see, only this notification.
>
> any ideas?

Following your second link to this thread
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=256227&p=3
seems to imply that it is a BIOS issue.  Many people on that thread had
their issue resolved by a new BIOS version.  If your system is old,
this probably isn't going to occur for you.