List:       fedora-list
Subject:    I've managed to mess up GNOME Boses & I don't know how to fix it.
From:       Scott Beamer <scott.beamer () comcast ! net>
Date:       2022-08-21 18:58:22

Greetings,

A few weeks back, I uninstalled GNOME Boxes via DNF and then installed
the Flatpak version (because I wanted to run GNOME OS and that's only
possible with the Flatpak version of GNOME Boxes).

Well GNOME OS was just too unstable to play around with, so I deleted
it. Then I tried installing an Ubuntu guest and ran into problems (J
don't recall what they were anymore). So I started over from scratch. I
deleted both OS images and uninstalled the GNOME Boxes Flatpak, then I
reinstalled the rpm version via DNF.

Well, my headaches have still continued since then. Now my problem is,
that any guest defaults to a ridiculously high resolution making
everything microscopic. It's challenging, but I can usually go into the
display settings in the guest and change the resolution to something
sane (1920 x 1080 – same as the host).

The thing is, I have to do this every time I boot into any guest in
GNOME Boxes and it's beyond annoying.

Is there a configuration file I need to tweak somewhere? I'm assuming
it's a wonky QEMU setting, as there are limited options in GNOME Boxes.

Thanks in advance.

Scott